We have had some lovely reviews and are very proud of them!
25th Oct 19 – Brian – Wirral
- Our 2nd visit and had a very enjoyable stay. Many thanks for tall the extras!
18th Oct 19 – Gaye & Sheila – Hertfordshire
- Ideally placed for wonderful views, Many thanks.
11th Oct 19 – Isabella Stone – Sheffield
- Very pleasant and comfortable stay, although weather was a bit mixed.
28th Sept 19 – Grace & Peter Wesley – Wiltshire
- Thank you Sharon & Wayne, We have so enjoyed our stay in Hollywell Cottage. A bit of a family reunion but all have been fascinated by the lovely Shropshire Hills. The cottage is a comfortable home for home which so suited us all. Our dogs enjoyed walks up the hill. Many thanks for the goodies basket.
14th Sept 19 – Davies family – Cheshire
- This is our 2nd holiday at Hollywell Cottage in the last 3 years and must say how we have enjoyed it so much for the 2nd time. Beautiful cottage set in a lovely area. Easy access to places of interest such as Ludlow, Club, Shrewsbury. Really enjoyed the Indian Summer. Thanks for the welcoming pack which we all thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the dog goodies left for Parker and Tom. We have thoroughly enjoyed re visiting this beautiful area.
23rd Aug 19 – Sanderson Family – Co Durham
- We’ve enjoyed a wonderful week in this lovely cottage. The local towns and villages have all proved to be worth a visit and we particularly enjoyed Ludlow, Much Wenlock and Ironbridge. Many thanks Sharon & Wayne!
2-16th Aug 19 – Danny & Sue Cracknell & Turdur – Norfolk
- Our 4th visit – already booked for 2020! We’ve walked 125 miles – sunshine most days. Good food at the Ragleth Inn. Lots of gorgeous foals on the Long Mynd. Many thanks for the goody basket – the pineapple upside cake and the wine were much appreciated ! (and Tudurs Biscuits!). We are already looking forward to our next visit. Thank you Sharon & Wayne.
27th July 19 – Spencer Family – Derbyshire
- A wonderful stay at a lovely location. Enjoyed some evenings sitting outside.
26th July 19 – Davison Family – Sunderland
- A fantastic Cottage in an amazing location. We have really enjoyed our stay and were fortunate to have good weather also. Much appreciated was the welcome pack and the little touches such as water in each room, chocolates on the bed, you have really thought about your guests needs. Cool book collection also, it was lovely to sit outside on the comfy seating and read in such a beautiful setting. A little bit of heaven without the inconvenience of dying!
12th July 19 – Byford Family – Essex
- Thank you for one of the most generous of welcome gifts and all the generous extras in the cottage. We loved the garden and the amazing views. We loved the view from the Loyng Mynd, very beautiful.
June 28th 19 – Christine & Malcolm – Northumberland
- Our second stay in this lovely cottage – two relaxing weeks in an area we know well. The weather has been perfect for walks, visits and enjoying the beautiful gardens. Breakfast outside on all but one day! Our batteries are thoroughly recharged, helped by the generous supply of delicious goodies provided by Sharon & Wayne. It is always a joy to return to the Shropshire Hills and this holiday has givenus many more happy memories. Thank you Sharon & Wayne, for everything.
May 24th 19 – Clare, Chris & family – Southport
- Our 2nd visit – lovely times had by all, daily walks on the Long Mynd for mum and the dog. Max was lucky enough to stroke one of the ponies – think he will remember that moment for a long time. Days in the valleys building dams and Fishing with our nets. Fantastic day in Hawkstone Park – amazing place. Best of all – we watched Liverpool become Champions of Europe!. We will always remember where we where when that happened. Thanks for everything!
May 10th – 24th 2019 – Sue & Danny Cracknell & Tudur – Kings Lynne
- Our third stay at this lovely cottage where we feel so ‘at home’ in the hills. Once again the weather was lovely, the garden is so beautiful. We breakfasted outside and saw the fox on the hillside again. Walked miles everyday. Now we look forward to our next visit in August to walk the Manga Longa and see the garden in all its summer glory! Thanks Sharon and Wayne for the welcome basket and Tudurs Treats.
6rd May 2019– Frankie & Cathy
- Thank you so much for the welcoming cosy & warm Cottage. We walked the hills a lot. We love it here, the gardens beats Chelsea Flower Show (fewer crowds!) you are wonderful gardeners. Thanks for letting us stay here.
3rd May 2019 – Davidson family – Peak District
- Great Cottage, fabulous gardens and views fo the hills, had lovely walks from the cottage. Weather rather mixed but did manage to sit outside and few times. Loved the dinning table views, enjoyed Bennys Cafe in Church Stretton. Lovely part of the country looking forward to the next visit.
26th April 2019 – Jean, John, Hugh, Harry & Oliver -Surrey
- We’ve had a fabulous week, including 4 days with breakfast outside and doors wide open – perfect! We’ve loved the views from the cottage and the beautiful garden & the cottage itself has been very comfortable. Many thanks for the welcoming basket & other goodies! With the glorious weather, we’ve been walking over many of the local hills, often just from the door & have thoroughly enjoyed revisiting this beautiful area.
18th April 2019 – Caroline, Theo, Elliot and Lyne the Dog -Blewbury
- With thanks for our very much enjoyed stay. We wouldn’t hesitate to retun if ever the opportunity. Thank you for the fabulous welcome pack and the Easter Eggs for the boys, they were delifhted. We’ve had a wonderful week and really ejoyed the circular walk into Batch Valley. Sunday lunch at the found in leebotwood, highly recommended
April 2019 – Donna, John, Joan & Paul – Cheshire 5* Trip Advisor Review – A Beautiful Oasis
- Gosh, how to begin? Perhaps with the thoughtful goody basket, cold orange juice and treats for the dogs? Or perhaps with the beautiful classy décor, comfy sofa or the crisp white bedding? No, I know, the bi-fold doors opening out onto a garden split into little rooms with different feeling to the planting and hard landscaping. Seriously, it’s a small but perfectly formed and well looked after by hosts who really want you to enjoy your stay. Views to sit and look at ant time of the day from a morning coffee to the last wine of the evening. The sound of traffic is muted and distant, just to let you know there is still a world rumbling on, if you can hear it over the bird sound. Lovely.
- How Wonderful!, Jam, Wine, tissues. Loads of Little extras making this a 5 star stay. Comfy, clean and very Laura Ashely. I have taken many photos of the garden for inspiration for ours. The garden is going to change all year with the planting. The tulip boarder particularly fabulous this week, would love to see the roses!. Cosmo and Rosie were well behaved and very much appreciated their treats! Good luck for you and the house in the coming year Thanks x
24th March 19 – Timmy & Lauren – Winchester
- Had a lovely stay, shame it was not for longer!!!! Home from Home. Thank you.
8th Feb 2019 – Janet Wells – Nantwich 5* Trip Advisor Review – Tranquil Scenic Setting
- An excellent base for keen walkers, especially if you don’t want to use the car. The cottage is in a magnificent setting with far reaching views of the hills . We walked straight from the cottage onto nearby footpaths and were in open countryside within minutes.
The cottage is very well equipped, extremely comfortable and has the widest selection of books and DVDs we’ve ever come across ( and the biggest TV!). A great deal of time and hard work has clearly gone into making sure that guests are taken care of and have every they need to hand. A real home from home.
- Fantastically equipped cottage with lovely views from the kitchen and dining area. We had some great walks straight from here to Church Stretton. Everyone around here seem very friendly and we dapped into some local knowledge for our expeditions.
21st December 18 – Brain – The Wirral
- A lovely comfortable cottage, we hope to return later in the year. Thank you for everything!
22nd October 2018 – Sarah, Alan, James & Kian – Oxford
- We had a lovely few days in Hollywell Cottage, very homely and comfortable, the welcome basket was the best we have ever had and very much appreciated. The Weather during our stay was glorious making our days out even more amazing. Thank you for everything.
12th October 2018 – Terry – Bristol
- We enjoyed our stay in Hollywell Cottage, Thanks for providing a very comfortable cottage in a stunning location.
6th October 2018 – Sue Macfaylen – Preston
A second fantastic stay at Hollywell Cottage *****
- It was so lovely to return for a week’s stay at Hollywell Cottage with my family. The welcome pack is amazing red wine flapjacks chocolate bread butter jam marmalade milk and eggs. Doggie treats for Billy. The contents of the property is great everything you need and more. Soap at all basins tissues water and chocolate in the bedrooms. The views are stunning from the cottage and beautiful to wake up to each day makes you feel so relaxed. The garden also beautiful and a great place to sit and have a coffee in the morning. Lots of walks nearby,lovely dog friendly pubs to have a meal and then tea rooms in Church Stretton where we went a few times. This time we were lucky enough to meet the owners Sharon & Wayne which was nice. I would highly recommend this cottage and we will definitely be back.
- This is our second trip to Hollywell cottage and it has been fantastic. Starting with its lovely welcome pack, thank you Sharon & Wayne, the wine was lovely and we all enjoyed the flapjacks, Billy our dog loved his treats thank you. Such a peaceful place to stay and the weather has been beautiful, we have done lots of walking, this time went to Batch Valley which was stunning. We had a lovely meal at the Green Dragon. The locals all made us very welcome. Andy had a very successful fishing day near to the cottage and caught a very big carp, made our holiday. As for Hollywell Cottage it is so well equipped with everything, even used the slow cooker to make a Sunday Roast which the family enjoyed. Fantastic Holiday we will be back next year, beautiful place to stay xxx P.S Billy returned to Whiffeys Groomers, he looks amazing.
21st September 2018 – Jodie, Andrew, Christine, Brain and Jason – Southport
- Enjoyed another fabulous break at Hollywell Cottage. We have been very fortunate with the weather and enjoyed some lovely walks in the Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills. We have had some amazing food during our stay, the Kinds Arms, Green Dragon (wedding anniversary). Thank you for the welcome pack also, it was very much appreciated, hoping to come back again soon!
15th September 2018 – The Jessops – Corfe Castle, Dorset
- A lovely relaxing week a the end of very taxing building work on our own house. Returned to old haunts around the Long Mynd introducing our grand daughter Flora (16 months old) to them. Loved the welcome basket. Flossie appreciated the inclusion of doggie treats!. Loved the stack of gardening mags, along with the garden – returning home with lots of ideas.
7th September 2018 – Roger and Helen Rushworth – North Yorkshire
- Hi Sharon and Wayne, What a gorgeous cottage, so well prepared, best welcome pack we have ever had. Thank you, Had some lovely days out in beautiful Shropshire. Thanks for being so understanding re our change in circumstance. Penny our little whippet loved all the dog touches.
17th August 2018 – Barbara and Gerald Golding – Warwickshire
- Thank you Sharon and Wayne, we enjoyed our stay at your lovely cottage and visited the local attractions, and also National Trust properties further afield. Thanks for the welcome pack which was much appreciated. We will recommend you to our friends and family.
10th August 2018 – The Gledhills – Leeds
- Lovely cottage, welcome pack much appreciated. The apple cake and clotted cream were gorgeous! We recommend Blists Hill and Hawkstone Park Follies. Our son age 6 would recommend Mick Millers Play Barn in Craven Arms for the two almost vertical slides!
27th July 2018 – Kobus, Prokka, Lourette, gert, Arno & Jonathan – Kent and South Africa.
- We had a lovely stay, the cottage was very comfortable and we felt very much at home. Wayne and Sharon were very friendly. Thank for a lovely holiday! Gert is going to look for globe thistles when he gets back to south Africa he is quite excited about it. Super garden just to sit and enjoy while relaxing. Really appreciated the books as well, I don’t think I’ve read the Worst Witch for about 20 years!
22nd – 29th June 2018 – Gillian, Graham, Rik, Ruth & Ben age 3 – Nottingham & Rotterdam
- We appreciated all the little ways you made us feel welcome. Thank you. Rik our son-in-law really enjoys walking and he very much was glad to be able to explore straight from the cottage without having to go anywhere by car. Shropshire is a very beautiful county. The location is superb. The view from the cottage is amazing, you can really enjoy washing up with such a view! The panoramic views of the county are breath taking – only ten minutes’ walk away. Ben loved the house and the garden, he was very happy exploring everything and he slept very well. Our week has gone very quickly, we all had a good rest!
8th – 22nd June 2018 – Christine and Sophie and Malcolm – Northumberland
- Two weeks of absolute Bliss! The cottage so well-equipped and comfortable, the garden so private and so beautiful. The thoughtful extras added to our complete enjoyment and the views completed the picture. Thank you much. We have visited familiar places and also made new discoveries. Historic Montgomery is worth a visit. David Austin’s Rose Garden and Nursery at Albrighton is fabulous in June. To many other to mention. The Ragleth Arms was very good and the Inn on the green at Wenthar never fails to please. The Cottage café in Ludlow is good for light lunches (dogs welcome). Shropshire never disappoints – looking forward to coming again next year.
Every possible comfort and stunning viewsSuperbly equipped and pet-friendly, Hollywell Cottage is the perfect base for exploring Shropshire’s AONB. The garden is a beautiful, tranquil haven offering fabulous views – peace and privacy are assured. Church Stretton offers good shops and other amenities. Huge choice of local pubs serving excellent food and several renowned gardens and nurseries worthy of a visit. Walks from the door; picturesque villages nearby; Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Leominster and Hereford an easy drive. NT properties also close by e.g. Attingham and Cardingmill Valley. Powys Castle (Wales) is a must and Bunners (ironmongers) in Montgomery is not to be missed after climbing to the castle! Wonderful!
25th May – 1st June 2018 Claire, Chris, Nicola, Max, Nathan & Marnie the dog – Birkdale, Merseyside.
- We had a week of thunderstorms, sharp showers and beautiful sunshine. The valley across was very misty most the time so some of our walks up the Long Mynd were shrouded in Mystery! When the cloud lifted our breath was taken away by the wonderful views. Kids went swimming in Shrewsbury, the dog took a leap into the Severn which resulted in mild panic, a muddy mummy and very soggy doggy! Visited Ludlow Castle on Bank Hol Monday wonderful value for money and dog friendly. The rest of our time, we spent in and around All Stretton & Church Stretton, Carding Mill Valley is perfect for kids. I enjoyed a walk over to meet the kids and hubby, up over the hills with the dog. Our 1st visit to Shropshire, hopefully the 1st of many. Thanks for everything.
Trip Advisor Review – Best one yetMy family of 5 plus one little working cocker spaniel spent a wonderful week here for the May half term. We arrived in pouring rain which was followed by a misty morning the following day. I headed out up the road with the dog anyway & enjoyed a mysterious walk to meet the wild ponies. Later on the mist lifted & I could not believe the views all around us. What a treat. Kids were amazed by the books & games on offer. The youngest age 4 is now a Kiss fan after finding a Scooby Do/kiss dvd on the shelf. There was a book for everyone. We spent lots of time in Church Stretton, hours building dams in Carding Mill Valley – I walked over the top to meet the rest of them with the dog – very enjoyable. Went swimming in Shrewsbury before we realised there was a pool just the road, visited Ludlow Castle – such good value for money & dog friendly too. We have holidayed in cottages for a number of years now & as previous reviewers have said, this one was by far, the best. It is very well equipped with far more than just the basics provided. Also loved the Eco products which we use at home. Garden must be fabulous by now. We truly did not want to leave. We’ll definitely be back again.
11th – 25th May 2018 Sue and Danny Cracknell & Tudur – Kings Lynn
- We have had two glorious weeks of sunshine! We have walked 125 miles among the bluebells and lambs with Spring bursting out all over! Breakfasts outside to look at the view and watch a fox on the hillside. We love this cottage – so much that we have already booked up to come back next year! Thank you Sharon and Wayne, we read your ‘History of Hollywell Cottage’ and are full of admiration for the work you have done here on the cottage and the garden. See you next year if not before!
Haven on the Hill Side Trip Advisor Review *****Left on May 29, 2018 for a stay in May 2018We stayed at Hollywell Cottage for 2 weeks. We were lucky with the weather and were able to take advantage of the wonderful garden. We had breakfast out on the patio with views across to Caer Caradoc on most mornings. On two of the mornings we watched a fox on the hillside next to the house. We walked straight from the house onto the Long Mynd walking several miles a day. On returning to the house in the evenings we cooked our meals in the well equipped kitchen. The bed was really comfortable and we slept extremely well. This is a super house for up to 6 people to stay. We have already booked for next May and hope to be able to go back again in the autumn this year if we are able
4th – 11th May 2018 Cathy Dean & Ben Benest – Sheffield and Frankie Weinberg – London
- We have just enjoyed the sunniest Bank Holiday that we can recall. The Cottage has been a splendid place to relax and to enjoy meals whilst looking at spectacular scenery. The garden is like a dream from Chelsea Flower Show – I am somewhat jealous of the abundant growth, shall be speaking sternly to my weakling roses when I return to Sheffield, they need to buck up a flourish like their Shropshire relations! Thanks, for the welcome pack, we felt cherished, the cake was fabulous. CathyThank you so much for a lovely week in paradise. We really appreciate the generous spirit of your hospitality. Frankie
27th April – 4th May 2018 Sue Watkins – Derby
- Hollywell Cottage has stunning views of the Long Mynd & surrounding countryside. It is very well equipped, more so than any other cottage we have stayed in before. The welcome pack included milk, juice, bread, cereals, wine, cake etc. Garden is lovely and has several areas where you can sit out. We had a great week despite it being very cold at times (the hot water bottles (provided) were pressed into action). It is a very cosy cottage. We will definitely be returning.
6th – 13th April 2018 Powel Family – Frinton-on- Sea, Essex
- We have really enjoyed staying at Hollywell Cottage. The girls particularly enjoyed daily walks up the road to visit the horses and wild ponies. One of the reasons we chose to stay here was the proximity to Carding Mill and we haven’t been disappointed during our many walks there. We have also done the Batch Valley walk (recommended in the information pack) a couple of times – its a really nice walk, straight from the door. Thank you very much for our cosy and comfy stay – in particular all the little extras that have really made us feel at home.
30th March – 6th April 2018 Swan Family – Shipston on Stour
- Wonderful week during which we experienced all 4 seasons weather-wise (torrential rain/snow/sleet/hail/fog/cloud and sunshine). The cottage, and its welcome log burner, has felt like a real home and we’ve loved the views when they emerged from the cloud and murk! We scaled Caer Caradoc from, the North End (walking from here via the South End and round the back via Hill House, then back along the base and across the railway line) – lovely route. Also ascent of Long Mynd from Bridges along Ratlinghope Valley to Betchcott Hill, along to Summit Trig and back via Priory cottage and hill – a long one (9 miles) for our 10 and 5 year olds but they loved it. Also recommend Hawkstone Park Follies near Wem – lots and lots of steps but really worth the trip, especially with children. We’d love to come back for another visit.
Trip Advisor Review – ***** Nice cottage in a great location Martin O – Left on Mar 27, 2018 for a stay in Dec 2017
- Nice cosy cottage. Very clean and well equipped. We had a great time. Lovely walks nearby which our dog enjoyed.
16th March 2018 Jo and James Walker & friends (six, sixty plus – enjoying our golden years!) – Canterbury, Kent/Surrey
- Wonderful stay in a beautiful cottage, well equipped, fantastic welcome pack. Great Views, enhanced by the snow! Lane was gritted but we did not venture out by car until it was thawed. Wonderful walks especially Carding Mill Valley and Little Sprout Waterfall. Thank you, we hope to return next year.
- Trip Advisor Review – Lovely cottage with amazing views ***** Left on Mar 24, 2018 for a stay in Mar 2018 . Holywell Cottage is beautifully situated in the Shropshire hills with wonderful views from every room. The cottage is very well equipped with everything you need for a very comfortable stay. The owners left us a generous welcome pack. There is so much to do in the area a week is not long enough so we hope to return next year.
12th March 2018 Janet Fenton & Family – Brereton, Staffs
- Thank you so much for a wonderful 3 days. All the little extras were so thoughtful!! 10 out of 10 , would definitely come back to Hollywell Cottage
9th March 2018 Sally & Ian Kennard – Devon
- After a slightly delayed start to our holiday due to the snow, we had a relaxing few days at Hollywell Cottage.
26th February 2018 Pat Marson – West Midlands
- Beautiful Cottage and great area. Thank you for the Welcome Pack, we would definitely recommend xxx.
29th Dec 17 – 2nd Jan 2018 Martin & Janet – Newbury
- We did enjoy our stay. The cottage is very cosy and warm, and we went for walks along the Long Mynd, and on the heathland above the cottage, which our dogs loved.
20th- 27th October 2017 Susannah, Quintin, Lexi, Jemima, Zara Solt
We agree with Sue and Danny, the week went much too quickly! We had storm Brian but weren’t as intrepid and settle in to watch films and play settlers of catan! Another Lovely holiday here, and thanks to Sharon and Wayne for a great welcoming pack and lots of attention to detail to make this a good place to stay. Bottle and Glass at Picklescott was usually high standard, recommended.
13th – 20th October 2017 Sue, Danny & Tudur – Kings Lynn
The week went much too quickly! Walked every day – even ‘hurricane Ophelia’ didn’t put us off – we walked to Church Stretton via the Long Mynd and back along the edge of Caer Caradoc – it was extremely windy! Had good meals at the Ragleth – Little Stretton – Bottle & Glass at Picklescott and the Royal Oak at Cardington. We have seen Red Kites – Buzzards and Kestrels. The view from the cottage is glorious – we want to come back and see the garden in Summer. Thank you for the welcome pack – Tudur loved the dog biscuits they kept him quiet in the pubs! Amazing selection of books and the folders with walks in were very userful. Thank you Sharon and Wayne for everything! Hope to return next year!
1-6th October 2017 Debbie and Frank – Salisbury and London
Our second visit to this delightful and extremely well equipped cottage. The views are wonderful and watching the sun rise from the bedroom is quite an experience. We look forward to returning very soon. Thank you Sharon and Wayne
5* Trip Advisor review – Left on Sept 24th, 2017 for a stay in Sep 2017Thank you to Sharon & Wayne for a lovely stay in their cottage. A lovely welcome basket on arrival with flapjack chocolate bread cereals milk & butter. Then found a special treat in the fridge wine chilling. Even treats for our little dog in a bowl. Spotless clean and everything you need soap & towels in all rooms. All washing products provided. Magnificent views from every room. Beautiful garden giving a sensory feel with the smell of lavender and all enclosed & safe for our dog. Complete relaxation with definitely return such a beautiful area. Sue
1st October 2017 Jodie and Andrew – Southport
- 5* Trip Advisor review – Brilliant family break Left on Oct 1, 2017 for a stay in Sep 2017We had a brilliant short break at Hollywell Cottage with family celebrating our first wedding anniversary. The cottage is lovely and every detail has been thought of to make the stay very comfortable and enjoyable. Location is fantastic and the views were amazing. Sadly we weren’t blessed with good weather so could not enjoy the outside area so much, however this did not impact our stay as it meant nice cosy nights in by the fire playing board games. We will definitely be returning and cannot thank Sharon enough for everything (the welcome pack was very much appreciated and the homemade flapjacks were delicious, just what we needed after our journey down)
We had a wonderful stay at Hollywell Cottage and have already booked again for next year. We have visited Church Stretton numerous times, there is always something to do here. We had a lovely meal in the Ragleth Arms and also the Old Bull Ring, Ludlow. We went for a walk in Carding Mill Valley and spent a good few hours exploring the area seeing the wildlife. We especially enjoyed the flapjacks in the welcome pack. Can’t wait for our holiday here again next year, thank you for everything.
22nd September 2017 Sue, Steve, Andy – Preston
Sharon and Wayne thank you so much for a lovely stay at Hollywell Cottage, the welcome pack was amazing and the wine was a real treat whilst making tea. Billy our dog loved his treats too. We all enjoyed the flap-jacks they were also lovely. The whole contents of the cottage are like a home from home, everything you could wish for making a lighter travel (as eggs, milk, butter, bread, cereals, tea and coffee provide) also soap at every sink – Thank you. The views from Hollywell Cottage are stunning and provide the opportunity to relax around them. We have enjoyed many walks on the Mynd and Carding Mill Valley (Billy Loved it. We all enjoyed the cafe and pubs in Church Stretton. Billy finished off with a visit to the dog groomers, ‘Whiffeys’, today he looks amazing. We will definitely be back.
28th August 2017 Louise – Northamptonshire
- Thank you very much for letting us stay in this beautiful home. The view is stunning and lovely to wake up to. Many things to do and see in surrounding area thank you again!
15th August 2017 Sue and Al – Cambridge
- Thank you, Sharon and Wayne, for the goodie box of provisions, the wine was extremely welcome. Unfortunately, the weather hasn’t been great but we enjoyed our stay. Appreciate the large TV.
11th August 2017 Anne and Matthew Arthur – Cheshire
- Lovely well-equipped cottage, we really enjoyed our stay here. We had some lovely walks and visits.
***** a stay in July 2017 Trip Advisor
Top location on the hill, overlooked by Caer Caradoc. We climbed up there, the children loved that too. Wonderful home away from home, with everything you need and everything else you can think of. Delicious welcome package with home made cake and lots more. Thank you so much, Sharon and Wayne! Lovely market towns Shrewsbury and Ludlow only a half hour drive. Powys Castle is a must see! Church Stretton is very nice and great walks all around. Lots more to see and do. Just go and see for yourself. Totally recommend it.
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend? Yes.
***** a stay in June 2017 Trip Advisor
We spent a week in June at Hollywell Cottage, All Stretton. What a week! It was baking hot, too hot to do all the walking we’d planned, too hot to do very much at all. Thankfully, Hollywell Cottage was the perfect place to be, sitting in that lovely garden was bliss (although we did manage to walk to the resevoir for a swim!). Sharon and Wayne were unbelievably thoughtful in their preparations for visitors (wine/milk/cake/all sorts of goodies) and the cottage is delightful. I would recommend this(indeed I have), it’s absolutely gorgeous.
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend? Yes.
***** a stay in June 2017 Trip Advisor
Wonderfully comfortable cottage with everything you could possibly need. The owners left us the best welcome pack we’ve ever had as well as the latest magazines. The garden and views from the cottage are fantastic, as well as the entertainment from the resident rabbit! The only very minor downside was the country lane approach. Great location for getting out and about.
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend? Yes.
***** a stay in July 2017 Trip Advisor
We have just returned from a fabulous weeks stay at Hollywell Cottage. Arriving to a home made Apple cake and clotted cream. The cottage is gorgeous, clean with comfy beds. The well equipped kitchen provided everything we could wish for. We had lovely walks straight from the cottage and sitting on the terrace enjoying the views to die for with the stunning gardens around was so relaxing. The welcome pack provided was the best we have ever received it was well thought out and included everything we needed for breakfast the next morning, juice, cereal, eggs, bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee and much more and the wine chilling in the fridge was a lovely surprise after a long drive. It has to be, in our view, the best Holiday Cottage we have stayed in and can’t wait to return again.
30th June 2017 Graham and Judith Senior – Wiltshire
- Thank you for a warm welcome to your lovely cottage. We have had a very relaxing week in wonderful surroundings. The weather has been amazing, so walks have been short with nips to the reservoir to cool off both dogs and our self. It is very easy to eat well here and there are endless places to visit, we hope to return.
22nd June 2017 Marie and Roger – Bristol
- What a week! We have all loved our time in Hollywell Cottage and its beautiful garden – Thank you so much Sharon and Wayne. The heat wave has defiantly affected our activities, so much of the time we have just enjoyed being here. We did walk to the reservoir a couple of times to cool off with a swim, we actually managed to walk up Caer Caradoc (gosh, that was hot work!) and squeezed in a visit to Stipperstones and Bishops Castle, Gorgeous holiday.
9th-16th June 2017 Joan and Keith Ellam – Pontefract
- We have had a fantastic week. Trips to Ludlow, Stokesay, Powys Castle as well as to Shrewsbury and Ironbridge. We also had a lovely day at an open garden day at Clunbury Village, we had a lovely lunch at Ginger and Green in Church Stretton. The weather has been very kind to us and its been so nice to come back to the cottage each evening. The cottage has everything you could possible need, every thought has gone into the comfort of guests and the welcome pack was exceptional. Thank you so much Sharon & Wayne
26th May 2017 Quintin, Susannah, Lexi, Jemima & Zara – Warwickshire
- What a lovely Cottage! not our first visit to this area but our first time in Hollywell, and almost certainly not our last. We have spent a lovely week walking and relaxing, and would thoroughly recommend “Jinlye walk” – up the road past Jinlye, down into the valley and round. Carding Mill Valley and Light Spout are also lovely walks. The cottage itself is very well equipped (and really feels like a home), and the outside seating and table was fantastic – especially in the weather we were blessed to have! We would also highly recommend the Bottle and Glass in Picklescott to eat at, we have been there numerous times before and always receive a warm welcome, followed by lovely food (although very large portions!). Finally, Thank you so much for this lovely stay and the fantastic “starter” pack we received on our arrival – the cake went down a treat on many-a-walk. Thank You!
19th May 2017 David and Janette Hankins – Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Fantastic Views and position an excellent walking base. We walked from the cottage onto the Long Mynd and down Carding Mill Valley to Church Stretton and back. Next day down to All Stretton and across and up to Caer Caradoc – marvellous views. Finally across to Hope Bowdler Hill on our last day – along the ridge, down to Church Stretton and back. A new area for us, very pleasantly surprised.
5th May 2017 Frankie, Cathy, Ben and Bramble – London & Sheffield
- This is a very well organised cottage. It is also very cosy. Many thanks for all the work done by Sharon & Wayne. I love the garden. We have had splendid weather.We really appreciated your thoughtfulness in providingeverything we could want including dog biscuits. We felt very welcome. Thanks again. Just to add- this is the loveliest, cosiest, best equipped holiday cottage I’ve ever stayed in and I look forward to returning. Thank you Sharon & Wayne for your generosity & obvious intention to give your guests a real holiday. It’s been a treat!
21st April 2017 Janet & Gordon Kendall – Isle of Wight
- This is a lovely cottage in a beautiful part of the country- we will heartily recommend both to all our friends. Do use the Shuttle Bus at the weekends. Snailbeach Lead Mine is fascinating. Berrington Hall (NT) is worth a visit – you can even dress up in period costumes (and this is not limited to the children!)The cottage is really well equipped.
7th April 2017 Sue, Mark, Elliot, Jess & Hayley, Woking, Surrey
- We have loved our week here in Shropshire. The weather has behaved itself and not rained at all! We have managed to do a lot of walking round about Church Stretton and the Stipperstones, both with amazing views. We also had a day in Shrewbury and went round the castle. The cottage has been so nice to stay in – warm, cosy, welcoming and comfortable. We have had some great lazy evening’s playing games, reading books and long discussions over what dvds to watch from the huge array supplied!. Thanks for a lovely week.
24th March -7th April 2017 Trish, Rob and Perciville(Border Terrier), Aylsham, Norfolk
- This is our first visit to Shropshire and we have been bowled over by the stunning scenery. The cottage has been warm and cosy following some lovely walks and explorations, visited Much Wenlock, Wenlock Edge, Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Bridgenorth. All walks made so enjoyable by the informative books and info on the area. The deli in Church Stretton is fab and food very good in the Green Dragon. Thank you Sharon and Wayne for the goody basket and wine, Percy count believe his eyes when he saw the much appreciated doggy biscuits and treats on arrival. Your garden is spectacular. I can see how much work has gone into its creation, we were able to sit out a few times and enjoy the spring flowers, it must be lovely as it goes through the seasons.
5th March 2017 Debbie & Frank, Salisbury and London
- We have had a truly wonderful stay in this beautiful Cottage. Its rare to come across somewhere so beautifully located and so superbly equipped. Sharon and Wayne have thought of everything – Thank You both! We look forward to returning in October if not before.
19th February 2017 Rachel and Martin Grove & Family, Evesham
- We booked Hollywell Cottage for a Christmas Present for our parents/grandparents. We have had a thoroughly enjoyable stay in this wonderful gem in the Shropshire Hills. We have spent quality time as a family, which is what it was all about and we’ve managed to show even an 80 year old parts of the country that he’s never seen. Thank you for your wonderful welcome basket, very much enjoyed. Carding Mill Valley was one of our favorite stops. The girls loved getting in the stream and eldest daughter and I walked from the cottage to meet the gang there. Also both pubs in Little Stretton were lovely. We even managed to throw open the patio doors and enjoy a coffee on the terrace the day after storm Doris blew through. Thank you once again not sure how well we will top this present apart from a return visit.
- We have spent 3 wonderful days with our Son, Daughter in law and 2 granddaughters. Hollywell Cottage is amazing with everything you could wish for. The wonderful walks superb, views lovely and even the weather has been kind to us. We would defiantly come back in the future and certainly recommend it to friends. Elizabeth and Howard Grove.
- What a fantastic time we have had at Hollywell Cottage with our lovely Granddaughters Amy and Emily, Daughter and Son in Law. We didn’t know where they had booked us in for our surprise holiday. Well done to them what a lovely holiday cottage you have. We had lots of fun, laughter and storm Doris joined us on the 22nd “what a little Madam, boy o boy”, she didn’t stop the fun though. Hope to come back soon. Roger Liveley
10th February 2017 Alan Whitehurst & family, Cheshire
- We all had a fantastic time here, Thank You. The food basket, milk & eggs was really appreciated. We had lots of lovely walks on the Long Mynd and explored around and about. Lovely cosy cottage.
28th December 2016 Ian & Gill, Sheffield & Kay, Kath & Tom Durham
- Had a great time, helped by the cosy cottage and good weather, Thank You.
23rd December 2016 Bulley Long Family, Kew, London
- We spent a lovely Xmas at Hollywell Cottage. The views are spectacular. Thank You Sharon and Wayne for the warm welcome and the extra little “goodies” that make a big difference. We wish you an amazing 2017!
17th November 2016 Grocock family, Hinckley Leicestershire
- Lovely stay thank you, very warm cottage and close to all you need.
4-7th November 2016 Westwood, Olviers, Bournes – Hampshire
- A Lovely Cottage with thoughtful touches, a stacked log burner, all kitchen necessities plus so much more even a treat for the dog. A beautiful setting with walking on our doorstep made for a special weekend! Thank you Wayne and Sharon.
28th October 2016 Jill and Rick Lynch – Worcestershire
- The cottage location and very generous welcome pack more then met our expectations. We’ve stayed in this area a number of times over the last 30 years and never tire of the wonderful Shropshire scenery. Thank you Sharon & Wayne.
23rd October 2016 Andrea Rosewell
- Loved this place, beautiful location. fantastic house, everything you need for a perfect family holiday. We shall definitely return.
7th October 2016 Fred and Hazel Sidlow – Manchester
- Had a very enjoyable week at the cottage and good weather. Started with super Welcome Pack and flowers, ready for our arrival. Very cosy as well for autumn evenings. Cottage is very well furnished and equipped. Lovely views from cottage and more amazing scenery in valleys and top of hills. Had good meals at Green Dragon, Ragleith Inn, Kings Arms and Afternoon tea at Berrys Cafe in Church Stretton, which also has interesting town trial from the libary. Clun and Bishop Castle interesting too. Thanks for lovely cottage to Sharon & Wayne.
30th September 2016 Ian and Pam Smith – Austwick
- What a lovely week! Beautiful Cottage in stunning location, with lots of thoughtful little extras. Shropshire is our home county so we have enjoyed visiting well loved places and doing favourite walks.
23rd September 2016 Jenny Taylor & Dick Clements – Wiltshire
- A Very welcoming cottage, Thank you. Views from cottage to die for, comfortable and well supplied, much appreciated. Visited Attingham Park, Ironbridge Gorge, Whitewick Manor, all provide plenty to do and see, Walked on Long Mynd, Rectory Wood, Carding Mill. Wonderful books too.
Trip Advisor review “Lovely Cottage with Great Views”
- Definitely worth a stay in this delightful cottage in an idyllic setting yet on the door step to the quaint village of church Stratton. spotlessly clean accommodation and a nice Garden with beautiful views of long mynd. Hollywell Cottage is a superbly equipped cottage in a magnificent location. The cottage is warm, comfortable, modern and provides everything one could ask. The owners are very helpful, providing a comprehensive range of initial supplies to help you settle in. The “how to find the cottage” instructions were excellent. The kitchen is equipped with a good coffee maker and real, ground coffee – excellent. The views from the cottage are to die for, and with a splendid terrace in front of the kitchen/diner, eating al fresco in good weather is a great pleasure. The owners provide more books and DVDs than I have ever encountered in other holiday properties, including lots of children’s books and DVDs. The surrounding countryside offers great walking both from the cottage and a short drive away, and the owners have provided a file of walking routes all in laminated plastic – what a great touch! The area also offers a wide variety of other activities; it is rich in NT and English Heritage properties to visit and there is also the Ironbridge Gorge complex of museums and the RAF Museum at Cosford within easy reach. There’s far more to do than one can possibly fit into one week!
16th September 2016 Cheryl and Pete Medd – Hull
- We had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing week with an added bonus of beautiful weather. The views from the cottage are stunning and the cottage itself is beautiful and very homely. Shropshire itself is a beautiful county and we will be returning to again. Shrewsbury, Clun, Bishops Castle, The Stipperstones and Carding Mill Valley are defiantly worth a visit. Meats out at the Green Dragon, The Horseshoe Inn at Bridges and Jaipur in All Stretton were excellent. Thank you Sharon and Wayne for the lovely Welcome pack, it was delicious and very much appreciated.
9th September 2016 Davies Family – Cheshire
- A lovely week spent in this lovely cottage with delightful views, the cottage had everything we needed and the weather was a extra bonus. Many thanks for the welcome pack you provided for us, very enjoyable
2nd September 2016 Richard and Marie – Gloucestershire
- A very well equipped and comfortable cottage, in most beautiful countryside. An ideal base for which to “see the sights”. Thank you Sharon and Wayne for the comprehensive welcome pack it was delicious.
Trip Advisor review
“Very well appointed, secluded cottage with terrace, garden and gorgeous views”
- My husband, daughter and I gave just returned from a very relaxing week at this lovely cottage. It has a beautiful setting looking over the Shropshire hills and countryside and completely secluded. There are three good sized bedrooms and two good bathrooms. There is a lovely garden and bbq terraced area with generous seating accessed through the kitchen area. Just take in those views. The owners have thought of everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There are two TVs, a host of DVDs and books, radios and a sound system in the kitchen. We had a lovely welcome pack with lemon drizzle cake, brioche, butter, milk, jam, orange juice and cereals. Real coffee too. The cottage is an excellent base for visiting Church Stretton and the surrounding area. We particularly liked Ludlow, Leominster, Bishops Castle,Clun, Carding Mill and Much Wenlock. It’s all quiet and unspoilt. The cottage and the area are real finds. We didn’t want to leave!”
Trip Advisor review “Very well appointed, secluded cottage with terrace, garden and gorgeous views” 9th August 2016 Liz & David – Chester
- We had a lovely time in this fantastic Cottage – it is entirely secluded and has beautiful views – sitting on the terrace in the sun can’t be beaten! We were very impressed with everything in the cottage – the full welcome pack, the books, the dvds and cds and the radios/music system. The welcome booklet was packed full of really helpful info – we loved our trips to Clun, Bishops Castle, Knighton, Ludlow and Leominster. We did the first two walks in the Carding Mill Valley – superb. The Green Dragon is very hard to beat, the station Inn at Marshbrook gives 25% off with a gourmet card. Church Stretton itself, the cafes and the amazing Antiques emporium were very quaint. Another good pub was the Glass & Bottle and excellent cafe at the Berrys in Church Stretton. Thank you Sharon & Wayne for your lovely cottage.
12th August 2016 Ian, Richard & Penny – Bristol
- Lovely cottage, very comfy with all mod cons. Views are stunning from every window.
Trip Advisor review “Stunning ~View, Lovely property” 12th August 2016
- Just got home from a week at Hollywell Cottage. We couldn’t have been happier, the views are to die for and the accommodation is spot on. It’s a short walk up the hill onto the long mynd, which has stunning walks, our children surprised themselves with how much they enjoyed the great outdoors. The cottage itself is a gem, 3 large bedrooms, a great kitchen diner and a lovely cosy sitting room. We enjoyed breakfast on the patio area overlooking the hills and made use of the bbq in the evenings. The house is incredibly well equipped with just about every utensil you could wish for. There was some other items too that were a real bonus, particularly the picnic blanket & cool box, whilst our children were pleased to find a selection of toys. Church Stretton is a very short drive, it’s a pretty little place, with a good selection of shops, pubs & restaurants. The highlight though of the immediate vicinity is definitely Carding Mill Valley, such a lovely area for the children to play in the streams & walk up to the waterfall. We took the train into shrewsbury one day, which is a beautiful town with lots to see and do. Overall the area has so much to offer and is some what undiscovered which is great as it means it’s not too busy. We will definitely come back to the area and will without doubt stay at Hollywell Cottage. A big thank you to the owners who were a pleasure to deal with and were kind enough to leave us the most amazing welcome pack along with a home made lemon drizzle cake. Delicious.
29th July 2016 Tull Family, Qatar
- Super Cottage in a great location loved exploring the Long Mynd and its every changing light.
Trip AdvisorReviewed 1 week ago for a stay in July 2016 “Delightful cottage with a wonderful location”
- This is a delightful, well equipped cottage with stunning views over to Caer Caradoc. The owners seem to have thought of everything you might need, and leave a tasty welcome pack for your arrival. You hardly need to leave the cottage as just watching the light change across the hills from the patio is so beautiful and relaxing. The cottage has a downstairs bedroom but may not suit people with walking difficulties as you have to walk up an inclined gravel drive for about 20 meters to reach it, and the ground floor has different levels. This was no problem for us, and we all loved it here. We hope to return one day!
15th July 2016 Brian and Janet, Southport
- Wonderful week in this delightful cottage every comfort available to make our stay so enjoyable. The owners could not have been more helpful. Hope to return soon, knees permitting after a weeks walking!!
24th June 2016 Bob and Barbara – Leighton Buzzard
- A most enjoyable visit appreciating the attention to detail in the cottage. An Excellent base for walks on the Long Mynd and Caer Carodoc.
17th June 2016, Phil, Liz and Family, Suffolk
- Lovely cottage with such fantastic views and easy access to all the walks you could want in a week. The welcome pack easily lived up to expectations and the cake was a welcome bonus after a long drive. We arrived early and Sharon texted us to let us know that the cottage was ready by 3pm which was great for us. A super week and we will recommend to friends.
3rd June 2016 – West Yorkshire
- Thanks for sharing your beautiful cottage with us. Also for the lovely welcome pack. Our weeks stay has been great with fantastic weather, when we weren’t relaxing in your beautiful garden we visited Shrewsbury, the Long Mynd, The Bog with is great cakes, Ludlow with its markets and castle, not forgetting the ponies up the road. We will defiantly be back to Hollywell Cottage. Thanks Sharon and Wayne.
Trip Advisor June 2016 “2nd time round and did not disappoint”
- We stayed here in June last year and promised ourselves that we would return. On our return we were thankful that our memories of the place were not tarnished, as it was a lovely as we first remembered. I do not wish to replicate my first review, but can say that my review then still reflects our view on our recent week at the cottage. The area is surrounded by beautiful countryside and many walks. They still leave you a welcome pack, which is a wonderful touch, especially when we had travelled so far. A great place to unwind, blow the cobwebs away with some walks, and curl up with a nice bottle of red in front of the log burner on chilly nights…. it wasn’t chilly when we visited, however we still put it on as we like the cosy feel a real fire creates.
Trip Advisor “Well equipped cottage in great location” May 2016
- We chose Hollywell Cottage for its location and it certainly didn’t disappoint. Situated on a hill leading to the Long Mynd, the waking was fantastic. We were able to get up onto the Mynd or walk in to town, without moving the car. The cottage itself was light and sunny, with great views of Caer Caradoc and a large patio. Although we didn’t meet the owners they had though of everything, with a welcome basket including home-made cakes, and plenty of books, magazines and dvds for relaxing in front of the log burner with. The fire was already made up, it just needed to be lit! I would definitely recommend Hollywell Cottage.
14th – 28th May 2016 Mike and Zena, Hants
- A Great lociation and home to celebrate my 60th with family. Very comfortable and relaxing. Beautiful gardens and bird population. Regular visits for meals to Little Stretton pubs were popular. The real winner is the landscape and the easy access to it from the front door. The shower is beautiful one. Hard to leave with so much more to explore, Thank you.
6th May 2016 – Dolly, Newark
- Had a lovely week in this stunning location lots of laughs especially on the shuttle bus. We loved the cottage, shame we count have a bbq because of the weather, but did some lovely walks and visits. Thanks for all the super stuff you provided for us it made us feel very welcome.
29th April – 8th May 2016 – Alison, Wales
- Very well equipped cottage, Great location for walking , had really good weather towards the end. Good information for guests. Lovely to be able to walk into Chruch Stretton.
Trip Advisor “Excellent” April 2016
- We found the cottage in a Excellant location , the cottage was extremly well equipped with everything you could want. The welcome basket was well received and the sweets especially enjoyed by the twins. I have to say thank for the toys that the owner had left for the twins as well . I would recommend this cottage to anyone wanting to have a relaxing holiday. Thank you .
23rd April 2016 – Rotherham
- Thank you for the welcome basket, we have all enjoyed our stay, thanks from the twins for the toys. Had a great time, very well equipped, hope to come back soon.
12th April 2016
- We’ve had a super few days again, sunburn on Wednesday and then woke up to 2 inches of snow today, many thanks for the use of your cottage and the lovely welcome basket, we will be back. Thanks very much for a great few days at your lovely cottage. We have all enjoyed being here in the lovely Shropshire countryside. Done plenty of walking and had a mixed bag of weather. Thanks so much for the tasty cake and double cream and all the other goodies, all very enjoyable . We look forward to coming again.
25th March 2016
- A lovely warm cosy cottage a real sun-trap. Thank you for the generous welcome basket. We enjoyed strolling along Carding Mill Valley, Stokesay Castle and geo-catching on the Mynd. We would recommend Hollywell Cottage with its comfy beds, real fire, loads of hot water and creature comforts. Thank you, we have thoroughly enjoyed our week in Shropshire.
6th March 2016
- Those of us new to Shropshire, thought nothing could come close to the Lake district or South Fells but it has, The scenery is stunning and we had some great walks. Ludlow is defiantly worth a visit. We’ve also been overwhelmed by the welcoming accommodations, even to the point of not only having bird feeders but they were full!. Thank you for this and all the lovely touches that give us all the ingredients’ for a fantastic holiday. We had some lovely walks over the Long Mynd, Ashes Hollow, Minton, Carding Mill Valley, Stiperstones and around Ludlow. Horseshoe Inn at Bridges was good for lunch – very friendly and good value. So many more places to explore. Thanks for the guidebooks and walk ideas and your fantastic hospitality. Thanks again for all your kindness, we have had a delightful holiday and we’ll be back.
3rd March 2016
- We had a lovely weekend at your cottage. Found all we needed, very comfortable and thanks for the welcome goodies. Journeying was easy and weather was kinder than expected. I could spend a lot of time washing up with a view like that! Many thanks Lynne.
14th February 2016
- What a lovely little cottage in a beautiful area. Fantastic welcome from Sharon and Wayne, everything in the pack had been well thought out, even with something for the children. Thank you very much. We really appreciated that our last minute change to the booking was sorted out with ease, in fact we have found that all contact about the holiday great. We’ve had a brilliant week visiting Severn Valley Railway, Iron Bridge museums as well as the immediate local area. Everything in the cottage has been lovely and we’ve found all we needed. Visited the Bottle and Glass Inn at Picklescott where we had a great meal, make sure you book first, we did and were glad we had done so as it was very busy. It was a good end to a very enjoyable holiday. Thank You Sharon & Wayne.
27th December 2015
- We arrived on a wet, miserable day and within minutes we had the log burner going warm and toasty. The goody basket was more than welcome, we had a great week and went walking through the valleys. We all slept very well, The big tv was great also. The cottage is beautiful, everything was in the cottage which we would need. Thanks very much Sharon and Wayne.
20th December 2015
- We spent a memorable Christmas at Hollywell Cottage. On arrival we were really surprised by all the trouble Sharon & Wayne had gone to, with lots of lovely extra touches. Not only an excellent welcome basket and a plate of delicious Christmas Cake, but decorations, a little Christmas Tree and Crackers. The cottage was perfect for us, my husband and I and two grown up sons. It was cosy, well equipped with beautiful views and very comfortable. We had many log fires even though the weather was very mild. It was just a lovely place for us all to be together and celebrate Christmas. Thanks Sharon & Wayne
20th November 2015
- Lovely Cottage, with everything we needed, we know the area so it was like coming home. Very homely cottage and a warm welcome, Thank you Sharon & Wayne.
23 October 2015
- You told us to make ourselves at home so we did. The basket of goodies has been gratefully consumed and enjoyed, we wondered if there was a guide book or map that you haven’t yet discovered! In our 4 night stay we visited Carding Mill Valley Waterfall and Reservoir, walked Much Wenlock to Presthope, did one of the three woods walks from the discovery centre at Craven Arms, Antiques Emporium in Church Stretton, the Bog Centre where the walking guide kindly pointed out the start of the Stipperstones ridge walk ending up in Bishops Castle where we bought socks slippers and new boots between us. We had the warmth and comfort of Hollywell Cottage to return to so Sharon and Wayne thank you so much for your lovely kind welcome *****
17 October 2015
- Fabulous cottage and what a lovely welcome on arrival great to have lots of walks printed out maps and information, you have thought of everything. Sadly there was no rain so we couldn’t snuggle up in the warmth and comfort. The area is beautiful and we enjoyed some terrific views on our walks, certainly hope to come back , thank you.
9 October 2015
- What a fantastic cottage beautifully modernized and very comfortable, fantastic views and great walks, many thanks for the laminated walking routes very useful. Welcome basket was the best we have ever had.
2 October 2015
- Our stay was of good weather helped by the welcome pack and the cottage placed so conveniently for many services. Such a lovely area and with a fair wind we would like to come back
11 September 2015
- Thank you we have had a few lovely days in your cottage it has been super the welcome pack was really well thought out and enjoyed by us all, Bakewell tarts were the best we have ever had. We will be back.
4 September 2015
- Lovely clear autumnal weather we visited Attingham Park, Croft Castle, Stokesy Castle, Clun, Long Mynd and the Green Dragon for Sunday lunch at Little Stretton. Thank you for your lovely cottage what a lovely welcome on arrival most impressive as you can see we enjoyed everything.
12 June 2015
- Sharon and Wayne made us feel very welcome with a beautifully presented welcome basket. We were given scones which were yummy and lots of jam and cream. We were very lucky that the weather was great and enjoyed going to the Long Mynd and up the road to see the ponies. Church Stretton was beautiful and everyone was nice. We went to the Green Dragon in Little Stretton the food was lovely. We went to Portmerion which I would recommend going to. The house was very clean and there was lots of books and games. the view is beautiful, we would defiantly come again sometime in the future, we enjoyed our stay at Hollywell Cottage.
~Trip Advisor June 5, 2015
““Perfect from start to finish in a great location””
- We have just returned from a fabulous weeks stay at Hollywell Cottage. We arrived to find homemade scones, jam and clotted cream which were a delight. The welcome pack provided was the best we have ever received it was well thought out and included everything we needed for breakfast the next morning, eggs, bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee too numerous to list and off course the wine chilling in the fridge was a lovely surprise. The cottage is lovely, clean and cosy with comfy beds and crisp linen and towels. Well equipped kitchen provided everything we could wish for. We loved the log burner after walking on the Long Mynd. The fact that there were lovely walks from the doorstep is a bonus. Highly recommended if you are looking for great location, views to die for and luxury accommodation. Already trying to work out when our next stay will be!